Sometimes it's best to get started on things when the inspiration hits rather than when you pre-schedule it. I was feeling like I needed to accomplish something, so I went into my WIP closet and looked for something small that I could rip out or finish quickly.
Lo and behold, I stumbled on the learning piece I started for an entrelac class at Stitches West in 2012. The pattern was supposed to result in a scarf, but I was never going to finish it because it required cutting the yarn (and therefore weaving in ends) far more frequently than I'm ever comfortable with. Unfortunately, this also meant that the portion of the yarn already used was going to be useless if frogged.
So I slipped the live stitches back to the other needle, and retroactively bound off the stitches I could, leaving only 2 live stitches mid-row. I then wove in the ends (all gazillion of them) and with an extended piece of scrap yarn, I wove in the 2 remaining live stitches.
And voila... a "finished object" that's about 8" x 5". I have no idea what to do with it, other than give it to my toddler to see if she's interested in playing with it.
So that's one down ... 19 to go.
Now to put the remaining yarn back with its mates in the bins in the closet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment