Sunday, July 27, 2008

Winter Night Afghan - beginning to sew

Well, I've started constructing the new afghan... I've completed 14 out of the 35 squares, and as I was running low on the cream color yarn (Lion Brand Homespun Deco), I figured I should put those parts together first so I could make sure to have enough of that dye lot to stitch together the white parts. If the new yarn I get to finish the contrast stripes is a different dye lot, it shouldn't be noticeable considering the two dye lots won't be touching each other at all ... well ... with one exception.

I'm most of the way done with the 15th square. I have all the blue done on it, and half the Deco... and I'm out of Deco.

The good news is that I have 3.66 skeins of Deco that should arrive on Monday, so I should be able to finish the afghan and have lots left over for other projects. Bad news is that I don't know what the dye lot is, or whether it'll be noticeably different from the rest of it.

Then again, it's my FIRST afghan.. and imperfections are part of what gives hand-knit items their charm... ... right? :)

If that's true, then all my knitting must be exceptionally charming... ;)

No comments: