That's right, I'm back online. We've moved, and all our utilities have been connected (internet and TV were the last, and those came in today), and most of the boxes have been unpacked... all that's left is reorganizing, moving around some furniture, and settling into a groove. It feels like home. Even the kitties love it. ... though Graham has found it difficult to smell or hear dinnertime approaching. I had to call him no less than 5 times for dinner tonight, and usually the sound of the dishes clinking will bring him. Once he made it to the kitchen, I had to direct him to his food dish -- it took at least 3 attempts! Poor guy. He'll get used to it. He's just not used to having such a big, soundproof house. :)
My knitting has been put on hold -- haven't knit anything since Wednesday -- not even a single stitch! And my new 'craft room' is completely in disarray right now... all the yarn shoved into the closet, with the exception of a couple large boxes filled with yarn that wouldn't fit into the closet... the floor is covered with magazines and patterns and books... and I have no shelves or any sort of organizing stuff in that room. I'm going to get to claim a bookshelf from Silas' Game Room / Office, but that's really only going to take care of the books. I have no idea what will become of my yarn... but at least I've been emptying binders recently so I should be able to organize loose patterns better than I had been...
I've suddenly discovered an ability to toss out some of my old magazines and newsletters! It's amazing how much space I'm gaining by recycling old periodicals from bar associations I'm no longer part of or that don't have articles of interest to me. Amazing. Don't worry, I'm not getting rid of any of my (very limited collection of) knitting magazines yet. I have yet to actually knit anything from any of them that I can recall (I'd have to check my ravelry project page to be certain of that, though... I'm so disorganized without my external organizational tools!), but the reason I bought each of them was because I wanted to knit at LEAST one pattern from each... so I'm definitely holding on to them all for now. And if I do get rid of them, it'll be by letting them go to someone else who'll appreciate them -- NOT recycling. ;)
OK... enough typing... back to organizing. Moving is oh so much fun. ... la la la
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment