I was tagged for a meme by Vivienne. Normally I don't answer these sorts of memes, but Vivienne's got a point -- we should be getting to know each other better. :)
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let me think... June 1998... had just finished my third year of college. This was NOT the year I stayed in Los Angeles for an internship, so I was probably back at my parents' place. I can't think of anything specific I would have been doing. Now if this had asked about 1997 or 1999, I would've had a LOT more to say. :)
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
- set up keyboard tray at work
- hang credentials in my office
- meet with Mom to deal with reception invitation stuff (we're getting really late on that)
- get dressed
- eat meals
(not necessarily in that order)
3. What snacks do I enjoy?
salty potato chips, various fruits, some veggies, popsicles and such, and crackers. I could get more specific, but not without ending up craving the unhealthier of it all...
4. Where are some places I've lived?
Only ever in California. Let's get specific:
- born and raised in Walnut Creek (though lived the first 1.5 years just across the border into Concord)
- college: Eagle Rock (neighborhood in Los Angeles)
- immediately after college: Santa Monica (for 2 months while looking for work)
- once working: Palms (neighborhood in Los Angeles)
- after finishing law school: Van Nuys (technically part of Los Angeles, but north of the hollywood hills and officially recognized by the post office as "Van Nuys")
- after landing new job back south of the hollywood hills: Mar Vista (neighborhood in Los Angeles)
- once decided to get serious about career future stuff: Pleasant Hill
5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?
- invest enough to be able to live off the interest and never *have* to work again
- buy a house (perhaps one in each area where I'd like to spend time... Los Angeles, Walnut Creek, somewhere near London... maybe eastern Australia...)
- visit all my new family in England (or fly them all out here, I'm not picky) ;)
- travel. lots.
- fund music education in schools
- invest in independent musical ventures I believe in (without worrying about Return On Investment)
- buy some really cool song catalogs so I can work with licensing them out for film, etc
- help fund charitable organizations dedicated to providing needed services to working-class musicians
- set up scholarship funds & grants for various sorts of artistically-minded persons
- fund my own political lobbying... Some political issues are being overfunded by what I consider to be the "wrong side" (e.g. closed minded individuals/organizations/etc who think that everyone needs to be required to abide by the same puritanical "morals")
Some issues I'd fund:
-- protecting the constitution from amendments that benefit nobody and are targeted solely at removing rights from certain persecuted group (e.g. the "protection of marriage" amendments that would protect nothing beyond what's already protected for heterosexuals, but remove any chance at being treated fairly for homosexuals). I could elaborate on my constitutional ideology if anyone's interested, but I'll try not to bore anyone by adding it to this post.
-- advocating rational and responsible treatment of Copyright and other Intellectual Property laws -- stop the Disney/Gershwin extensions! :)
-- keeping closed-minded prejudiced people off the bench of the US Supreme Court. Politics have no place on the bench.
-- limiting federal "big brother"-ism and restoring the day-to-day oversight of the population to the States
-- promoting true libertarianism (not the party, but the ideology... seeing as the party doesn't conform very well to the generic meaning)
... and I'm sure I'll think of more. But instead, I think I'll post this and get on with my day. :) First step: breakfast.
As for tagging others, I'm gunna break the rules. Not tagging anyone. So there. Nyah. ;)
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for answering. I think we share a lot of political concerns - differently expressed because of our different nationalities, but based on tolerance and concern for individuals.
Post a Comment