So the movers came yesterday. We hadn't even nearly finished packing, so the movers spent the next several hours completing the packing for us. Which is good, cuz we both basically collapsed on the floor from mental and physical exhaustion. Once the movers were gone with all our stuff, we started realizing things we'd need access to that had been loaded on the truck not to be seen again before Saturday at the earliest... oh well.
We cleaned the place up, then slept in the apartment one last time, then this morning took several trips down to the car and dumpster to pack and trash everything remaining. About 3-4 hours after we'd intended to be ready to leave, we finally hopped in the car and got on our merry way. Sheba's a delight -- she was riding along quite happily outside her carrier, with a harness and leash preventing her from going anywhere that'd be really bad. At the first rest stop, Silas tried to get Sheba to go out for a walk, putting her on a separate leash, and I let Graham out of his carrier and put Sheba's first leash on him. I was quite impressed that Graham actually came out of the carrier (usually once in the car he doesn't want to leave the carrier for anything), and he actually rode for two legs of the trip (non-consecutively) outside of his carrier. He was looking rather calm and relaxed! Unbelievable. Of course, once we arrived at my parents' place, he promptly hid behind the couch and got stuck. He's doing better now... considering we pulled the couch away from the wall and he now has room to go back there and turn around if he wishes. :)
I have no idea how we packed so much stuff into the car. We almost couldn't close the trunk (it's a liftback), and the cats were on so many layers of blankets that they could quite easily see out the windows without any effort whatsoever... yet I had a completely unobstructed view out the back window and couldn't see the cats unless I turned around. Of course, Silas was rather packed in -- bags and packages under his knees, on his feet, on his lap... Should've gotten a picture. It will be a long time before we're ever that packed into the car again -- IF we're ever that packed in again. Now that we're just a couple miles from our new place, we intend to take things over to the new place in more sane carloads.
Anyway, time to go spend time with the kitties waiting for my parents to return from their night on the town... haven't seen my parents yet this trip... glad they gave me a key last time I was here. ... and don't worry - they know I'm here. I wouldn't descend upon them with husband and kitties without warning or invitation... especially when I knew they wouldn't be home. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment